Posted to uk.d-i-y
funkyoldcortina funkyoldcortina is offline

Default OT - Airport Queues for Bag Drop Off

On 27/05/11 17:18, Ron Lowe wrote:
On 27/05/2011 14:04, Nightjar "cpb"@ insertmysurnamehere wrote:
On 27/05/2011 13:31, Robin wrote:
Of course, for really easy travelling, get
everything you need into a regulation size carry-on bag.

If only there were still "a regulation size carry-on bag"! I'm not a
frequent flyer but while waiting in Hong Kong last year I counted 4
different sizes specified by different airlines; and 3 different weight
limits too.

I usually only fly with BA, so that is not really a problem for me.

Colin Bignell

My problem with BA is this:

Every easter, we fly to Denver with BA.
It's the only direct flight in to Denver, the other options all stop in Chicago.

ABZ - LHR - DEN.

Now the baggage allowance on the transatlantic is 2 hold bags per person. But
on the connecting domestic flight, it's only 1 bag.

With a family of 4 with ski kit, that's quite restrictive!

It used to be the case that if your connecting flight were all on the same
PNR then the most generous restriction applied to the whole booking. But like
I said, it needs to be ticketed on the same PNR.