Posted to uk.d-i-y
MuddyMike MuddyMike is offline

Default OT - Airport Queues for Bag Drop Off

"Nigel Hopkins" wrote in message

"Andy Champ" wrote in message
. uk...
On 27/05/2011 17:18, Ron Lowe wrote:

My problem with BA is this:

Every easter, we fly to Denver with BA.
It's the only direct flight in to Denver, the other options all stop in
Chicago.

ABZ - LHR - DEN.

Now the baggage allowance on the transatlantic is 2 hold bags per
person. But on the connecting domestic flight, it's only 1 bag.

With a family of 4 with ski kit, that's quite restrictive!

Send someone down to London on the train the day before. Advanced train
tickets are pretty cheap...

Andy

No need. As anyone with any actual experience of through flights on major
(i.e. non-budget ) airlines will already be aware, the highest baggage
allowance applies to all legs of any one journey.

As BA thenselves confirm on their website

Only just picked up on this one and agree with the above. I have flown with
tickets booked with BA that included internal links both with them and
another airline and the full long hall BA bag allowance was accepted by the
other airline even, despite it being almost double their own allowance. This
actually caused a bit of an argument from a couple checking in beside us in
Christchurch as they were being asked to pay quite a lot extra, despite our
bags being massive in comparison :-)

Mike