Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Wall Warts

On Mon, 30 May 2011 15:14:17 -0700, "William Sommerwerck"
wrote:

"Jeff Liebermann" wrote in message
.. .

I also use NiMH batteries in my various cameras (Canon S5IS etc) all
of which use AA cells. I'm seeing the typical 1%/day self-discharge
rate. I keep two sets of batteries in the bag. It's not unusual for
me to find the spares to be nearly dead after about 2 months.

Your NiMH milage may vary, but mine sucks.

Weird. Which brands do you use? I use mostly MAHA (PowerEx).

Yeah, I know I'm weird. I use a random assortment of whatever I
blunder across. Costco has Sanyo Eneloop, so I have a pile of those.
I just found several 4 packs of Energizer 2300ma-hr NiMH cells, so I
guess I'll use those. I have no idea what's in the camera or in the
bottom of the bag, but I'll guess is some no-name brand I picked up at
a ham radio flea market. I just found some Duracel 2050ma-hr cells.
Oh swell, a pair of Lenmar NoMem Pro 1500 ma-hr cells in my emergency
bag. Nice mess (and proud of it).

I've been running some battery tests on the new batteries for the last
4 hrs to see if I can find any "conditioning" effects. Stay tunes.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D