Posted to rec.woodworking
George W Frost George W Frost is offline

Default Semi-gloat

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
wrote:

I used an electric mower (from Sears, I think) when I was in high
school becuase it was my Dad's choice. If you need more than 50 feet
of extension cord, it becomes an art to lay out long sections of cord
to get the most area cut with the least cord movement.

I think some of the Sunbeam mowers had a "flip-over" handle so you
could cut in the "other" direction by flipping the handle to the other
side and walking around to it instead of turning the mower around and
needing to flip the cord out of the way.

Yep. This one has a "flip-over" handle (needs a little lubrication on the
locking mechanism).

I found a picture of the beast (Google: sunbeam electric mower [images])

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...w=1004&bih=624

The picture is from an auction in Michigan. The winner got the machine for
TEN BUCKS!

I was robbed!

Sure was, the individual wheel adjustment and the wheels alone would cost
that much
but, you would have to deduct 25% for the missing red plastic cap on the
wheel adjuster