Posted to misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair

Default Estimating KWh electicity billing using clamp-on amp meter

On May 30, 9:53*am, Home Guy wrote:
" wrote:
Why are we talking about the issue of a demand meter and rates?

Because some people have speculated that I was on a demand meter, and
that degenerated into what the typical (or actual) criteria is for a
utility company to install a demand meter for a given customer.

From your previous posts, it was clear you were on the path of
attempting to measure KWh usage and verify that it matches the
bill.

Yes, that was on friday. *Most of this discussion took place over the
weekend, when there was little or no opportunity for new information to
come forward.

Now, I don't know what kind of bill the guys suggesting it's
a rate issue have, but on my bill it clearly shows the Kwh
actually used. *Any billing at higher rates is then taken care
of by adjusting the rate clearly on the bill.

Yes. *You'd have to take up that issue with those that have been harping
on the possibility that I have a demand meter.

And weren't those Kwh usage numbers from the bills that you
posted already that we had?

Yes, those were the "raw" KwH numbers from previous bills. *They include
a 5% "adjustment factor" to cover energy lost to "line loss" - primarily
in the form of heat (heating in supply wires, step-down transformers,
etc) - at least that's how they define it.

The adjustment factor for residential customers is 4.1%, and I believe
for commercial customers it's 5%.

Good, that confirms what I thought. Just wanted to make
sure I wasn't missing something.