Posted to misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair

Default Estimating KWh electicity billing using clamp-on amp meter

On May 30, 12:53*am, Home Guy wrote:
Robert Green wrote:
His bill probably holds the sad tale of a one time excursion
into a higher rate zone that's cost him big time. *I'll bet he
now becomes very aggressive managing his peak load.

I've located some PDF documents that my local utility has on-line.

I have to have a "12-month average demand" equal to or more than 50 kW,
or have a 12-month rolling kwh consumption greater than 150,000 KWhrs in
order to have a demand meter. *150,000 kwhrs divided by 12 is 12,500 kwh
per month, which is about 4 times my average monthly consumption.

So no, I don't think I've experienced any one-time excursion into a
higher rate zone, at least not in terms of being demand-metered (if
indeed there are any other ways of entering a higher rate zone).

Why are we talking about the issue of a demand meter and rates?
From your previous posts, it was clear you were on the path of
attempting to measure KWh usage and verify that it matches the
bill. Now, I don't know what kind of bill the guys suggesting it's
a rate issue have, but on my bill it clearly shows the Kwh actually
used. Any billing at higher rates is then taken care of by adjusting
the rate clearly on the bill.

And weren't those Kwh usage numbers from the bills that you
posted already that we had?