Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Questions About Internal AC Coils

On May 30, 7:03*am, "HeyBub" wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:

3.1 - One sticker has a picture of a "condensate drain trap" made from
a piece of flexible tubing attached to the drain output pipe. As you
can see from the picture, I don't have a trap. At the bottom of the
PVC pipe seen behind the gas line is the condensate pump.

The pump sends the condensate up a flexible tube and across the
ceiling to the utility sink.

I don't need a trap with that set up, do I?

A p-trap on the condensate line serves the same purpose as a p-trap on a
sink: it blocks sewer gas from infiltrating your A/C system.

Your question can be answered with another question: Does your house
sometimes smell like a privy?

Your answer can be questioned with another question:

How are sewer gases going to get into a piece of flexible tubing that
hangs over a utility sink?