Posted to rec.woodworking
Lobby Dosser[_3_] Lobby Dosser[_3_] is offline

Default Semi-gloat

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
I've had it with gasoline engines, their myriad parts, and (at least some)
maintenance. So when I saw an electric mower advertised on my local
Craigslist for twenty bucks (!), I jumped on it.

The machine was made by SUNBEAM, sometime in the 50s or 60s! No ground
wire. No polarized plug. Sounds like the hinges on the gates of hell. Icky
yellow color and one of the wheels is held in place by a nail instead of a
cotter-ping.

But it works swell!

I don't think the person from whom I bought it had all his marbles lined
up. In addition to selling a functional mower for cheap, he's moving from
Houston to Santa Barbara.

I just have to be careful where I'm mowing - I don't think running over
the extension cord would be a good idea.

Doesn't seem to matter. Took out a no ground wire cord with hedge trimmers
once. Took 15 minutes to discover the cord was cut and it wasn't some other
fault. The bushes were dense and the cord sorta blended in ...