Posted to uk.d-i-y
Terry Casey[_2_] Terry Casey[_2_] is offline

Default OT - Airport Queues for Bag Drop Off

In message on Sat, 28 May 2011 09:09:21 +0000
(UTC)
Andrew Gabriel wrote:

I am surprised that airports still allow any queuing before the security
check. Seems like a serious vulnerability to me. Airlines and airports
should be required to have enough staff at all times to restrict queues
to no more than somewhere between 5 and 10 people at all times, depending
on presence of any nearby queues*, i.e. to limit the density of unchecked
people in any one area.

After the security check, queues are not a (security) problem.

*Ryanair could implement this by charging you £1 for each person in front
of you in the queue when you join it ;-) Never fly Ryanair myself...

With all the discussiomn of Ryanair that has gone on in this thread, I'm
surprised that nobody seems to have posted this yet ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPyl2tOaKxM

They've even thought of a charge that O'Leary hasn't imposed yet ...

--

Terry