CW

Default A question for anyone who has made a rotary tool shank.

Yes, I have made them for specialty industrial applications but for what you
are doing, why bother? Go to a good model shop. Dremel makes them and so do
a number of others. Many are better than Dremel and they are cheap.

"John Doe" wrote in message
. ..
A question for anyone who has made or has thot about making a rotary tool
shank, like for attaching cutoff wheels.

What is an easy to find material for making a rotary tool shank? I was
thinking maybe using some rivet. Whatever, the qualities of the metal rod
have to be something like this.
...Drillable metal, not extremely hard.
...Straight.
...Diameter exactly 1/8" quickly flaring to 3/16" or whatever at some

point
(it can be cut).
...Cheap.

To accuratly center the screw hole in the end of the shank, the unmade
shank can be inserted into a drill or rotary tool and spun against a
stationary drill bit.

Thanks in advance.