Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Hawke[_3_] Hawke[_3_] is offline

Default OT Newt Gingrich knows something about fiscal responsibility.

On 5/29/2011 1:03 AM, F. George McDuffee wrote:
On Sat, 28 May 2011 20:00:08 -0700, Hawke
wrote:
snip
When are people going to wise up and understand what the republicans are
trying to do? Didn't anyone notice what having Bush and the republicans
in charge of the country for two terms did to us? Only the insane would
want more of that.

snip

While this may well be correct for the majority of citizens,
if you are lucky enough to be in the top 5% or 1% of the
wealth/income distribution, this is a golden age, you never
had it so good, and it is entirely rational to hope for more
of the same only better and more of it..

It all depends who "counts" as a person and citizen...

I'll agree that for the people on top voting for republicans is in their
interests. That is if all they care about is increasing their wealth and
decreasing their tax burden. But even those people lost lots of money
from the market crash and the financial melt down. Many of the rich were
hurt badly by republican policies.

And even if those on top only vote because of money issues they should
have noticed what happened to the country during Bush's tenure. The
country went into debt like nothing before, we became a virtual pariah
to most of the world, our infrastructure crumbled, the mood of the
country went into the toilet, and the people were stirred up to the
point of getting out the torches and pitchforks.

So I would say all Americans saw the negative effects that having the
republicans in charge produced for the country. But I never fail to be
amazed that so many people are ready to go right back and do it all over
again. I makes me wonder what it would take to get the die hards to
finally give up on the republicans. A bullet in the forehead?

Hawke