Posted to alt.home.repair
notbob[_4_] notbob[_4_] is offline

Default Why do they skip sizes of metric combo wrenches?

On 2011-05-29, Tony Miklos wrote:

heavy that they can use cheaper steel. I have some Snap-On also and
they are my best tools without a doubt.

While I have some great stories attesting to the quality of older
Snap-On combo wrenches, many mechanics preferred Mac Tools cuz of the
thin edge of those pretty chrome Snap-On handles, which tended to dig
into one's fingers when really leaned on. Snap-On started to cheapen,
considerably. Their tape measures are relabeled Lufkins, which I
consider junk. I also bought a finger trigger oil can that broke the
first time I used it. Not all their stuff is the same quality as
their once great wrenches, which I think were made for them by Bonney
Tools. Another great US tool company that recently went belly up.

http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=38460

nb