Posted to uk.d-i-y
Paul - xxx[_2_] Paul - xxx[_2_] is offline

Default Using diluted PVA to adhere carpet tiles?

deano wrote:

Read somewhere that this can be used in a ratio of 1:5!

Contract carpet tiles onto OSB for my boys' LEGO shed...(don't ask

I have gallons of the stuff, so before I go to Wickes and buy a
proprietary product (tackifier)

Anybody know if this'll work, enabling easy replacement?

I often use it in school for all sorts of things, wall tiles, carpet
tiles, display boards .. it's great stuff to work with and works well
if the carpet area isn't regularly damp or likely to get wet too often
... .

It's a good idea to start with to lay the carpet tiles out flat
somewhere so the edges don't curl up. If they develop a set before
trying to stick them, it's unlikely they'll stay flat long enough for
PVA to go off sufficiently without some kind of weight on them.

Also, I found the best way is to use dilute PVA fairly liberally but
evenly and over both sides to be stuck (floor and tile), then allow
them to go off a little so they're tacky when fixing.

We also have access to lots of PVA as it's used in school (Infants) a
lot!

--
Paul - xxx