Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default Too Many Republicans Here.

"TJ" wrote in message ...

"bob haller" wrote in message

Well obama also saved the car manufacturers, they were on the edge of
extinction in the US, at least GM and chrysler were

Chrysler paid back their loan and are now making a profit

GM has paid back a lot of the loan, and are adding manufacturing jobs
in detroit, the chevy volt sales are better than expected

obama has done pretty well considering what he started with. true
obama hasnt walked on water yet but one never knows

I had a hard time when O made these _loans_ for automakers. Torn between

if
it was the right thing to do or not. The thing I saw as a positive, was
these were _LOANS_, not _GIFTS_ like the previous administration gave out.
Considering the outcome of the automakers, O did the right thing, and the
taxpayer made interest on the _LOANS_ to boot!

I had a hard time too, but sometimes, people and companies just need a
little money to tide them over when the cash flow goes bad. It wasn't GM's
fault that Wall St. had butt-f\/cked the nation's economy. Obama correctly
realized that the damage the collapse of the US auto industry would cause
was far worse than the risk of helping them out with government loans.

I think a lot of voters are smart enough to realize that Obama was tasked
with fixing the mess that laissez-faire Bush had made of things, and will
realize he managed to get a lot done for being starting out so deep in a
hole dug by others. The dysfunctional SEC allowed Madoff and other crooks
to flourish under Bush's quite deliberate throttling of that regulatory
agency (as well as many others). Obama's success at fixing the mess will be
remembered. And the same people that voted for him before will vote for him
again.

The Republicans, who assured us that Obama would crush free enterprise,
seize all handguns and run out on our allies, are now faced with explaining
away their lies. Now it's "Obama's War" because he's stuck dealing with the
mess that Bush made and knows no matter what he does he'll be bashed by the
right for it. Leave the war, he's a coward, stay and wind it down
responsibly, and now it's all his fault. Do you detect a high level of
hypocrisy in their complaints against him? I do!

Obama, whom Dufas labels a "Commiecrat" helped our country's "free
enterprise" by lending it enough money to keep the factories out of
bankruptcy. Even die hard Republicans can appreciate the value of keeping
our manufacturing muscle strong, and MAKING MONEY doing so!

No wonder why the Republicans are spitting blood and insulting everyone they
even remotely sense has liberal feelings. They got crushed in the last
presidential election and based on who's in the field, they're going to get
re-crushed in 2012. I would be wailing like a baby, too, if my political
beliefs were so thoroughly repudiated. It's so damn ironic that after
campaigning for years to end the "endangered species" list, they're now on
it. There IS justice in the world.

I agree, a job well done!

Catching Osama, getting a new universal health care law in place, saving the
car industry, maybe even winding the wars in AfRaq down. He's looking
pretty strong coming into 2012. Now all we need is the Republicans to keep
touching the Medicare third rail while they force another government
shutdown to seal the deal. They never miss an opportunity to miss an
opportunity.

I mostly just ignore the Republican die-hards here and let them rant and
rave and get all their weeping done. They need the catharsis, and will need
it even more in November of 2012. After all, if they were so smart and had
all the right answers, why did Obama win by an impressive margin?

If you ask them, I'm sure they'll tell you in their-friend winning ways
"It's because they're all idiots." You just got to laugh. At a time when
they need every vote they can lay their hands on, they're driving
independents away by their continual condescension and determined derision
for all things not like them. How can a whole group of people be so
misguided to not realize they need every friend (and vote) they can get?

I actually welcome the insults because they indicate how totally afraid they
are that they'll lose the next Presidential election, too. The more they
insult, the more fearful they are and judging from what I see lately,
they're mighty afraid. (-:

My former boss, an 80 year-old US Army Colonel and die-hard Republican put
it best: "The Republicans are making it awful hard for anyone to like
them." As I see it, they've evolved (devolved?) into the Far Right and the
EXTREMELY Far Right.

I see Sarah Palin getting bounced by the Republican party at convention time
and then running as the officialTea Party candidate, joining Nader and Perot
in the history books as she splits the conservative vote and gives Obama a
landslide. Plenty of evangelical Christians won't be able to hold their
noses long enough to vote for a Mormon president and they will vote Palin.
Boy is the GOP in some deep kimshi. Their stars are definitely NOT in
alignment. When Trump can go from 18th place to 1st place to zero in a
month, you know they are casting about for someone who could beat Obama.
And looking under every rock.

--
Bobby G.