Posted to alt.home.repair
TJ[_5_] TJ[_5_] is offline

Default Too Many Republicans Here.

wrote in message
On May 28, 12:29 pm, "TJ" wrote:
wrote in message

The point is that the deficit was about the same percent of GDP when
Reagan left as it was when he entered office. And that Obama is
running deficits of 2 or 3X of any that Reagan ran.

Good grief, he was handed it, and you want him to wave a magic wand. Are
you really that silly?

Now let's look at the current situation. In 2009, the budget deficit
was
10% of GDP. In 2010, 9%. And for 2011 it's estimated to be 11%.
In other words, Obama is running deficits of 2 or 3 times those of
Reagan. And under Reagan, we saw the economy surge and boom.
Under Obama and the Dems, we're still waiting.....

Ok, again, what's your point? The deficit (budget) for 2009, was approved
in under the previous administration. So you're saying O is doing a
better
job.

BTW, which party controlled the House for the entire Reagan
presidency? Where do spending bills originate?

And who signs them? LMAO! I always love how a far right will flip flop
from POTUS to representatives. You'll also want to read my reply further
down, I'm sure you'll walk away babbling.

Here we go with Reagan again. Reagan took office with a 7.5%
unemployment,
by November 1982 he had a whopping 10.8% unemployment rate. After 2
years,
it was 10.4%. January of 1985, it was at 7.3%. Not really anything to be
chest thumping about.

The buzz would "surge", backfires within the first 4 years.

LOL. What a hack job. Maybe you missed it, but Reagan left office
in
Jan 1989 with an unemployement rate of 5.5%. And unemployment
isn't the only economic indicator. While achieving 5.5% unemployment
interest rates were cut in half, and so inflation was stopped dead in
it's tracks. Maybe you forgot what a mess this country was thanks
to Jimmy Carter and the Dems. but some of us haven't. And yes
that indeed is worthy of chest pumping.

Yep, LMAO @ you. So, you want to side step the issue Reagan had the highest
unemployment in decades. That's your choice, doesn't change the facts of
what the UI was in the _facts_ I stated. I'd post the link for you, but
you're gonna have to do your own homework. I always love how a Reagan
worshipper attacks the messenger. Calling me a hack for bringing the facts
to the table, shows your colors. Gotta love it!!

Here's some more facts for ya:

For the first six years of the Reagan presidency (1981-87) The Republicans
controlled the Senate, and the Democrats the House of Representatives

In 1986, the Democrats recaptured the Senate (while retaining the House)
and thereafter remained in control of both chamber until losing both in
1994.

Now, what about those final years UI got back into check????? UI was high
under Reagan. It wasn't until both houses were controlled by Democrats,
when UI got into check.

The best the libs can do is bitch on about the "Reagan deficits".
Forgetting to tell everyone that it was Democrats that controlled
the House during all of the Reagan years. Compared to the
above and winning the Cold War, the modest deficits, which
pale compared to the current ones are insignificant. It's like
finding gold bars buried in your backyard and bitching because
they are tarnished.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I'm an independent. I find it quite
humorous running across those who worshipped Reagan and deny facts.

Reagan's trickle down theory has long been debunked. Your tantrum isn't
going to change the facts. You're free to honor the guy known for wearing
diapers, that's what is great about America.