Posted to alt.home.repair
Cheryl[_2_] Cheryl[_2_] is offline

Default New riding mower and questions

On 5/28/2011 11:42 AM, Dimitrios Paskoudniakis wrote:

Servicing yourself or professionally?

Professionally.

Every offseason (March), I

- drain the oil
- replace the oil, air, and fuel filters
- refill new oil
- replace the spark plugs
- remove the mower deck, remove the blades, take them to a shop for
sharpening, then reinstall the blades and mower deck
- spray cleaner into the carburetor

During mowing season, you need to clean the air filter about once per
month, and check/fill oil as needed.

This is the part I always forget during the season.

This year the oil, filters, plugs, and sharpening cost about $75

Thanks. I think I can figure out the labor in this area and I might end
up paying $100 or maybe $125 each year. Maybe a bit more, I guess I'll
have to wait and see.

I think I'll have to replace my 3-year old battery soon too. It's
charge gets too low too quickly. My trickle charger brings it back, but
I have to do this after almost every mowing now.

Do all of these with a key start have a battery? I hadn't thought of
that, so thanks.