Posted to alt.home.repair
Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default Cutting holes in interior walls

On Sat, 28 May 2011 12:55:00 -0700 (PDT), harry
wrote:

On May 28, 7:53Â*pm, zek wrote:
my house has walls that are very thick and heavy. Cutting electrical
outlet holes and ceiling holes is very difficult. Using a saws all
with a big tooth demolition blade, I get maybe 20 inches before the
blade is flat. Ceramic blades are much worse. Am I doing it. Right?
I find finer tooth blades are worse.

Greg

You would do better with a diamond disk in an angle grinder. Various
sizes available. Very dusty job though.
http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Powe...des/d80/sd1450

Even carbide blades will do it, but as you say, dusty as all get out.
You could do that and square the corners with the sawzall.
Personally, having cut pavers with circular blades, I'd rather just
buy more sawzall blades and live with that.
Maybe zek should try different blades.
Maybe these.
http://www.amazon.com/Milwaukee-49-2...owViewpoints=1

--Vic