Posted to alt.home.repair
zek zek is offline

Default Cutting holes in interior walls

On May 28, 3:55*pm, "RogerT" wrote:
zek wrote:
my house has walls that are very thick and heavy.

I assume that you probably won't write back but .....,

What are the walls made of? *Is it an old house? *Are the walls made of
plaster over wooden lath? *Are they made of some other type of masonry
product?

Cutting electrical
outlet holes and ceiling holes is very difficult. Using a saws all
with a big tooth demolition blade, I get maybe 20 inches before the
blade is flat. Ceramic blades are much worse. Am I doing it. Right?
I find finer tooth blades are worse.

Greg

Some kind of double layer material maybe plaster. The inner layer is
very gritty like sand.

I was cutting cement and cinder block with a dry diamond blade. I know
all about dust.

Greg