Posted to alt.home.repair
Evan[_3_] Evan[_3_] is offline

Default Tree on Property Line

On May 27, 11:17*pm, "Steve B" wrote:
"John" wrote in message

I'm curious about people's opinions on the following not-so-
hypothetical situation:

And I'm curious about THIS situation, hypothetical, of course.

Suppose the part of the tree that was hanging over the non-owner's property
was to suddenly disappear in the night, or say, over a weekend when the
owner was away. *How could the owner prove that there ever was a limb there
in the first place without incriminating himself and saying that there was
this limb that was endangering his neighbor?

It would be a very quick permanent solution, but if you then have to live
next to that neighbor, I guess it could get sticky from there.

Steve

@Steve:

Because unless you made the *whole* tree disappear and could
magically make a fully grown in and rooted lawn appear over the
area where the tree *was* then there would be "prima facie"
evidence of where the limbs used to be located on the tree as
well as evidence of the recent time frame of the removal...

Plus there is the whole issue of not leaving any witnesses to
the removal process behind...

~~ Evan