Posted to misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair
Evan[_3_] Evan[_3_] is offline

Default Estimating KWh electicity billing using clamp-on amp meter

On May 28, 12:03*pm, bob haller wrote:
Just for the heck of it go after hours and turn off your main breaker
with friends watching building.

I had a customewr at a local shopping mall they had electrical
troubles and found a connection from their meter powering public
spaces in the mall, seemingly left over from the malls construction in
the 60s. Tenants on that meter had been paying a big chunk of the
malls electric bill..

This was identified one night when the customer had a fire. The fire
department pulled the meter blacking out a big piece of the mall.

The mall claimed no knowledge I believe there was a lawsuit,,,,,,

@bob haller:

That doesn't sound like it was a professionally managed "mall"...

Sounds more like it was being run by people like Home Guy...

All the malls I have seen inside of have entirely separate
switchgear to power tenant versus house circuits...

~~ Evan