Posted to misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Estimating KWh electicity billing using clamp-on amp meter

On Fri, 27 May 2011 20:47:53 -0400, Home Guy wrote:

All I want to know is - should the current readings from a clamp-on
meter (when extrapolated across the 730 hours of a typical month) jive

Jibe.

I know I sound pedantic, but I want you to look your best when
complaining to the electric company, should it come to that point.

with the accumulated KWh reading as measured by a typical billing
meter? Do I have to do any "special" math to the wattage I calculate
with the meter to arrive at what the billing meter is measuring?