Posted to misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair

Default Estimating KWh electicity billing using clamp-on amp meter

On May 28, 9:27*am, Home Guy wrote:
" wrote:
My first guess would be that the logical explanation for 1915.26
showing up 4 times would be that it is some form of an ESTMATED
reading used when they didn't take an actual reading.

A meter reader always pays a visit to the building either on the first
or second work-day of the month. *He reads both the electric and water
meter (both are inside the building and can't be read from the
outside). *I know that because we have to escort the reader to the
utility room, and I'm the one that does it about 1/2 the time, and when
someone else does it they tell me they did it.

There is never a month that goes by without someone coming to read the
meter.

Then I'd have a conversation with the electric company and
ask them to explain how 4 months in a year can have
the exact same usage, down to the hundreth of a kwh. And how
there are two other month pairs where the usage is exactly
the same down to less than 1 kwh. It's possible but the
probablities are clearly very low. Even if you had a truly fixed
load that never varied, you'd expect more variation than
that due to some months having more days.
possible and we could calcu