Posted to uk.d-i-y
John John is offline

Default OT - Airport Queues for Bag Drop Off

DerbyBoy wrote:
"Steve Firth" wrote in message

Tim Watts wrote:

[1] Because when they feck you up by overbooking, they fix it by
offering in
both cases it's happened to me, a refund greater than the original
cost of the flight, a rebooking or diversion and necessary taxis or
overnight accomodation. In one case I had to insist on travelling
and they made it possible. The other case was only a diversion from
Munich to Frankfurt, connecting taxi over (diverted to the town
centre rather than the airport by
a short chat with the driver and a tip). No real probs - 1 hour late
and a free return flight!

Ah yes, I forgot about that. I already hated BA at the time that I was
working in Germany, but during that time I came to absolutely loathe
them. In 1993 I was on my way back to the UK. I had a business class
ticket and my secretary had called that morning to confirm the
reservation. When I got to the airport I was told that I had been
"bumped" by BA because "the flight is over-subscribed". Since I was
over an hour early for the flight I asked how this had happened. The
reason
was because an aircraft had been hijacked that day (a flight from
Frankfurt to Cairo had been hijacked to the USA) that news teams had
poured into Frankfurt and BA has decided that despite them not having
reserved places it could not afford to upset the press, so it ditched
all the regulars.

I wass able to transfer ticket to another airline much later in the
day, and I haven't used BA since. If I ever meet any exec from BA I
will be tempted to punch them on the nose. As companies go, they are
right up there with British Gas, British Telecom and any other wanky
former
state-owned business with "British" in their name.

I wonder how many changes of management they have had since 1993.
Can't you get over it? After all your resentment does not make any
difference to them. The more you fly the more likely it is that
sooner or later something will happen to you. Life is too short for
petty grudges. We seem to get a bit hung up on flying issues - as
another person put it - it perhaps relates to that luxury image that
was created back in the '50's and '60's when it was supposed to be
glamorous. I recall being given a set of plastic cutlery once by some
rich relations who actually went on an aeroplane.

Don't worry about it. Firth is one of the most obnoxious people in any of
these groups - he's done everything, got the T-shirt, starred in the film
and yet he spouts some useless drivel at times - well most of the time
actually - that makes you realise that he's just a plonker :-)