Posted to misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Estimating KWh electicity billing using clamp-on amp meter

On 5/28/2011 8:40 AM, Home Guy wrote:
" wrote:

The errors you mention above will likely be even bigger, though
Surprisingly, a watt-hour meter (it's already there) is the real
way to measure watt-hours. ;-)

As long as the watt-hour meter is working correctly.

Which seems highly suspect given all the info I've been posting here.

Far too little real data to infer that (at least yet)...

I'd figure it's likely a combination of estimated or leveled billing w/
a catchup period annually and some tenant or group of tenants w/ loads
you're unaware of.

Not that there aren't errors both in manual reading and that the meter
can fault but generally those get caught in routine maintenance checks
and if the meter were, as you say, replaced recently it's not a high
probability.