Posted to misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair
Home Guy Home Guy is offline

Default Estimating KWh electicity billing using clamp-on amp meter

Smitty Two wrote:

Something seems a tad fishy, but I don't think sampling some
current readings is going to help sort it out.

It's a start.

400 amps of 3-phase is a lot of juice to run a few computers,
lights, and soldering irons.

The main disconnect switch before the meter is name-plate rated at 400
amps. It doesn't mean we're going to ever draw that much.

OP needs to spend less time fantasizing about how many hours are
in a month and more time inventorying the equipment in the building

I know exactly what equipment is in the building - I work there.

talking to its occupants

I talk to them every day.

and looking for wires running off across the parking
lot to a secret garage lab that glows in the dark.

What-ever.

Another example of a usenet post that starts with a question, and
devolves into "why are you asking?".

I have to waste more time explaining why I want to do something or why I
want certain information about measurement techniques, and instead I get
a bunch of arm-chair blow-hardts that think they know better.