Posted to misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Estimating KWh electicity billing using clamp-on amp meter

Smitty Two wrote:
In articlew_idnbd2hIRTHH3QnZ2dnUVZ_uydnZ2d@giganews. com,
"Ed wrote:

A couple of possibilities I can think of. The meter is incorrect. (yes, it
really does happen) A tenant is carelessly leaving on a space heater. a
tenant is running both heat and AC out of stupidity, not a maintenance
problem. You have some other pump or device that is running all the time.

Good luck and please keep us posted on what happens.

Something seems a tad fishy, but I don't think sampling some current
readings is going to help sort it out. 400 amps of 3-phase is a lot of
juice to run a few computers, lights, and soldering irons. I know the
type of usage that leads to $5000 electric bills, and that ain't it.

OP needs to spend less time fantasizing about how many hours are in a
month and more time inventorying the equipment in the building, talking
to its occupants, and looking for wires running off across the parking
lot to a secret garage lab that glows in the dark

Hmmm,
Oh, no! Grow op?, LOL