Posted to misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair

Default Estimating KWh electicity billing using clamp-on amp meter

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"Ed Pawlowski" wrote:

A couple of possibilities I can think of. The meter is incorrect. (yes,
it
really does happen) A tenant is carelessly leaving on a space heater. a
tenant is running both heat and AC out of stupidity, not a maintenance
problem. You have some other pump or device that is running all the
time.

Good luck and please keep us posted on what happens.

Something seems a tad fishy, but I don't think sampling some current
readings is going to help sort it out. 400 amps of 3-phase is a lot of
juice to run a few computers, lights, and soldering irons. I know the
type of usage that leads to $5000 electric bills, and that ain't it.

OP needs to spend less time fantasizing about how many hours are in a
month and more time inventorying the equipment in the building, talking
to its occupants, and looking for wires running off across the parking
lot to a secret garage lab that glows in the dark.

I can visualize someone having a hobby that requires an induction furnace of
some sort. You take all sorts of readings, day and night, and this guy
fires up the furnace on Sunday mornings while you take the family to church
and breakfast..