Posted to alt.home.repair
Cheryl[_2_] Cheryl[_2_] is offline

Default New riding mower and questions

On 5/27/2011 8:07 PM, Colbyt wrote:

Up and down depends on the equipment and the power it has to climb a grade.

It's rated for slopes/hills but I get your point.

For absolute sure if you do side to side shift your body weight and maybe
even lean to the uphill side. Of course the term "hill" is a relative one.
What seems like a mountain with a push mower can be completely normal for a
rider.

Luckily the hill is only about maybe 20' down the side of my house.
I've thought about just putting in steps to get down to the backyard and
to the steps up to the deck. I still might do that.

I do own one house where I would not mow the HILL either way. If I had
to mow it all the time there would be a retaining wall built.

I get you!