Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default End of forced Child Support

Stuart Wheaton wrote:

On 5/27/2011 7:51 PM, RogerN wrote:
wrote in message
On May 27, 12:33 pm, pyotr wrote:
on Sun, 22 May 2011 18:08:35 -0700
(PDT) typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

On May 22, 6:37 pm, "Ed wrote:

If you're going to descend into bitching about trivial costs, you're
only
going to delude yourself about our real problems. Deal with the real
ones
first. Then you can bitch about the trivia all you want. Just don't
waste
the country's time and energy bitching about things that are so small
you
can hardly measure them, while the big ones are eating us alive. Leave
that
to the Tea Party.

I believe it is important to cut all the trivial costs. If you do not
cut trivial costs, you will never have the courage to cut the big
ones.

If it is only a few cents per person, then by all means, let us
eliminate that "few cents". "Take care of the pence and the pounds
will take care of themselves."

usefulness. But PP gets $75 million in federal funding. That's 5.35 x
10^-6
of the federal budget.

Are you going to get serious about this, or are you going to play
child's
games?

If you are going to be serious, you have to take the same approach on
all costs. Saying you are only going to look at big programs is
really saying cost cutting does not matter.

I'd start with the question "Why is this the Business of the
Federal Government?" Then go on with "Do you favor funding the other
side, too?"

tschus
pyotr

--
pyotr filipivich
It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!

\
\So, as I said a few posts above here, in response to RogerN:
\
\While you're busy cutting programs that don't fit your ideology, how
\about calling for immediate defunding of the office of faith based
\initiatives? How about rescinding the tax-exampt status of ALL
\religious organizations? Of course, in the greater scheme of the
\federal budget, these items don't amount to a hill of beans, but
\what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

How many crimes are prevented by pastoral council? How about Pastors that
visit the sick in the Hospitals? Many churches help the poor with food
and/or clothing, what $ value is that? In other words, these religious
organizations also serve a secular purpose. Thomas Jefferson gave taxpayer
money to missionaries because they were beneficial with the Indians. In
many instances, if we would have sent a few more missionaries we probably
would not have had to send as many troops.

Today as you see crime on the increase, as you see the world going down the
****ter, thank people just like yourself, your kind of thinking is the
cause.

RogerN

How many underfunded schools are supplemented by solid educational
television on sesame street? How many people are enlightened by Ken
Burns' documentaries?

There's an Ironclad case for PBS if you ever created one! thanks!

It would be cheaper and more effective to put up a bird and use the
Dish/Direct TV DBS hardware. It could deliver hundreds of channels of
educational TV for thousands of hours per day and cover everything from
kindergarten to college courses. Not only would it work for schools,
but home schooling, continuing education and to update employee training
on 'scrambled' channels