Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default End of forced Child Support

503.c sounds like non-profit and sometimes tax free.
Some are taxed by local tax generators. Property tax...

Some are tax free in all ways except for a specialized tax unit -
a college or other special case.

Martin

On 5/27/2011 7:45 PM, Ed Huntress wrote:
wrote in message
m...
wrote in message
rangerssuck wrote:

(...)

So, as I said a few posts above here, in response to RogerN:

While you're busy cutting programs that don't fit your ideology, how
about calling for immediate defunding of the office of faith based
initiatives? How about rescinding the tax-exampt status of ALL
religious organizations? Of course, in the greater scheme of the
federal budget, these items don't amount to a hill of beans, but
what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

I made the same point, (albeit much less eloquently) almost
a week ago. Still no comment from The Roger.

--Winston

Simply look up the reason these organizations are tax exempt. They are
providing a service, at least for their congregation, and in many cases
they should be saving the government much more than the value of the
taxes.

They're tax-exempt because they're non-profit/charitable institutions, and
because of court rulings concerning the government keeping its hands off of
churches under the First Amendment. They don't even have to file tax returns
However, since the mid-'50s (I think), many churches file for tax-exempt
status under a revised tax code.

It's a complicated piece of tax law. Don't try it at home. d8-)

In my own circumstance I sought to find out if God is real and at the same
time I was figuring out a way to kill the man my ex cheated on me with. I
was going to take a six pack of beer, drain all the cans, fill up 4 of the
cans with explosives, one can for the controls(microswitches and wiring),
one can for batteries. I would set the six pack on the hood of his
vehicle and arm it. When he got up the next morning he would see some of
his buddies left a six pack on his hood, lift it up, activating a
microswitch, and boom!

When I was serious enough to find God or risk life in prison, I found God.
I experienced supernatural answers to prayer like I never imagined, almost
every week I was seeing or experiencing miracles. My religion possibly
saved a mans (a taxpayer!) life and kept his kids from being fatherless,
how much $ did that save the government?

And that, Roger, is the primary basis for my acceptance of organized
religion. You're not the only one I know who is not in prison, and who is
living a useful life, because he got religion.

Keep it up. Just don't lay it on the rest of us too thick, Ok?