Posted to alt.home.repair
Colbyt Colbyt is offline

Default New riding mower and questions

"Cheryl" wrote in message
On 5/27/2011 6:59 PM, aemeijers wrote:

Up and down hills sounds opposite of what I'd do, but that's why I'm
asking. This cuts in reverse, I wonder if I can go forward up the hill,
and in reverse down the hill?

Up and down depends on the equipment and the power it has to climb a grade.

For absolute sure if you do side to side shift your body weight and maybe
even lean to the uphill side. Of course the term "hill" is a relative one.
What seems like a mountain with a push mower can be completely normal for a
rider.

I do own one house where I would not mow the HILL either way. If I had
to mow it all the time there would be a retaining wall built.

Colbyt