Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker[_6_] Steve Barker[_6_] is offline

Default Big STIHL recall

On 5/27/2011 7:18 AM, starrin wrote:
On Wed, 25 May 2011 14:47:06 -0400, Frank
wrote:

Another example of the unintended consequence of adding ethanol to
gasoline. I went through it with my snow thrower a couple of years ago.

Having lived off our generator for the past few days due straight line
wind damage here in V.B. (where some of those faulty Stihl products
are made) the LOL up the street, who runs and care for her generator,
said that when I put it away 'til the next hurricane to put Marine
Stabil in it instead of the regular product. Says it was developed
for boaters to obviate all kinds of problems caused by ethanol.
Any experience, anyone?
http://www.goldeagle.com/brands/stabil/default.aspx

Well i don't use any form of stabil in any of my small engine products
and they all start on the first or second pull each spring. I was even
surprised myself the kohler on the troy bilt actually started on the
FIRST pull and it was left out in the garden all winter. I leave all
tanks full when stored.

--
Steve Barker