Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Portable air conditioner performance

On Thu, 26 May 2011 08:33:27 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

Where I am (NY State, USA) every AC I've seen has drawn
water out of the air. But, it's humid where I am. Perhaps
some drier parts of the world don't support AC
dehumidifying.

It's a matter of degree. ;-) You can't pull water out of the air if the coils
are above the dew point. Want to pull more out? Drop the temperature of the
evaporator. It costs some efficiency, but that can be made up by setting the
temperature higher and you'll still be more comfortable.