Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ret.[_5_] Ret.[_5_] is offline

Default Dripping ceramic disc taps.

Mark wrote:
Ret. wrote:

My son has a standard kitchen tap with separate hot and cold valves
on either side of the tap. I took a look at it today because it has
developed a steady drip.

The valves are ceramic disc with a quarter turn to full off/full on.

I removed each 'cartridge' and took it apart. I could not see any
problem at all with the ceramic discs they did not appear to be
scratched or damaged, nor was there any grit present. The various
seals were in good condition.

After cleaning and rinsing all components, I put them all back
together, replaced them in the tap and............. drip drip drip!

Anyone any suggestions?

Try this, press down quite hard on the top of the tap when its off
Still dripping ?
if not dismantle and ask yourself what keeps the two discs pressed
together.

Was talking to my son on the telephone last night. I asked him to try your
suggestion. Although it didn't stop the steady drip completely - it down
slow it down dramatically - so this would appear to be a solution in the
offing. I'm going to attempt to create a shim which will result in greater
pressure being put on the discs when the cartridge is screwed home.

Thanks again for that suggestion.

--
Kev