John Crea

Default best blades for resawing

With the MM16, FORGET the Lenox Carbide, they suffer from early
failure on machines that small.

Timberwolf and WoodSlicer ARE available in custom lengths, so that is
not a problem

Have not heard if the Lenox bi-metal has the same problems as the
carbide

John
On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 10:35:28 -0700, "mad mountain"
wrote:

I have just ordered the minmax MM16 bandsaw and bought it for the specific
reason of resawing wood for building guitars. I would appreciate some
experiential advise on the best blades to use for resawing. I have looked
at the articles out there and they mention timberwolf but others say stay
with a thin kerf blade like the wood slicer. (woodslicer not available in
the 145 inch length unless you know of source). Some articles say stay with
a good quality of carbon blade or the lenox bimetal.

The type of wood I will be resawing is from spruce tops to cocobolo and
murtelwood backs and sides.

thanks for the input.

madman