Bob Flint

Default Can I use a tree branch for wood?

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 05:59:29 GMT, "Michael Daly" wrote:

On 11-Feb-2004, Bob Flint wrote:

so this spring after the sap runs I'm going to cut it off.

I thought it's better to cut back a tree _before_ the sap runs,
while it's dormant?

Mike

I'm not sure... maybe I should check with an expert... I cut a branch off another maple a few years back, in the winter,
and in the spring the amount of sap that came out of the 'wound' was astonishing! I thought the tree would bleed to
death... so I figure if I cut after the sap is up, it will heal in the summer, and the sap won't be lost. Thats what I
did last time to this tree...