Posted to uk.d-i-y
deano deano is offline

Default Securing tarp between flat roof and house?

On May 26, 3:16*pm, fred wrote:
In article
,
deano writes

Damn weather! Weeks and weeks of arid hotness and the minute I decide
to rip the roof up... it p****s down!

Bog standard situation... rear extension to terraced house; flat roof
(slight fall to front); 17sqm; soil stack bang in the middle of rear
wall.

Just curious as to methods of securing a tarpaulin at the rear of the
flat roof (where it abuts the house wall)?

Existing flashing fell out, so not there to tuck the tarp under.

It's not for a long period (crosses fingers in hope)!

Anything quicker and easier than plug'n'screwed battens?

Anything that won't mark the paint on the wall?

Water proof duct tape?

A pair of eye bolts in the wall with a tensioned wire between them. That
will take the mechanical stress then you can look at temporary
weatherproofing of the joint to the wall if reqd.
--
fred

Good idea that... is that why I often see eye bolts in rear walls...
covered in multiple layers of masonry paint?

However... in my current sit, I have used a sheet of 1200gauge dpm
that I had laying around, therefore no eyelets to
thread a wire through... plus it would be involved if I had to keep
removing and replacing it whilst working in unsettled weather!

And, I still have the issue of dealing with water running down the
wall, behind the tensioned wire!

At this current time, I have nailed a batten down onto the rear arris
rail and also to the front of the window board, which seems to be
working for the most part, although I have warned the client that some
might get in, which is not a problem as they have been living with
leaks for about 3 months anyway