Posted to uk.d-i-y
Clive George Clive George is offline

Default OT; Arfa's Burger Joint...

On 26/05/2011 09:57, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message o.uk, Dave
Liquorice writes
On Thu, 26 May 2011 08:04:08 +0100, John Williamson wrote:

My other problem at the moment is an electric cooker as I can't afford
to get gas connected.

Bottled gas, propane from a large orange cylinder or perhaps an
induction hob?

This will be rectified when I move.

If the move is very soon not worth changing but if it's only a "when
we find somewhere we like" hasten the moving process by doing one of
the above. Induction being the simplest but more expensive will
hasten it more than propane... B-)

I haven't been following so this may not be relevant. Some years ago a
works supper evening waited over an hour before being served with some
very under done vegetables.

Cooking was apparently by propane from a permanent tank farm. Prolonged
cold weather may have led to poor vaporisation.

Maybe an issue for large scale commercial cooking, but our hob worked
entirely happily this winter, even on the stupidly cold nights.

Butane is a different matter. Boiling an electric kettle and pouring the
water on the tank helped a lot ISTR. If I'd been in that kitchen with
stoves failing something like that might have happened :-)