Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Results: Time For New Cordless Drill/Driver

My Lithium didn't last a summer. The high heat in the shop
kills the battery.

I hate to keep my tools in the house or create a special room
with refrigeration.

Martin

On 5/25/2011 9:31 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 25 May 2011 21:11:29 -0500,
wrote:

I ended up getting this one from Lowes... the Bosch - 36618-02.
Turns out 99 bucks was a darn good deal, as they are back up to $179 on
the website.
The batteries came, charged. That's already a plus in my book. :-)

I've heard reviews about lithium ion batteries not lasting as long...
we'll see how that goes.

Can't be any worse than the Nicads on my last 3. Dead if left for
more than 6 weeks - and wouldn't take or hold a charge after 3 or 4
years... My Lithium drill can sit on the shelf or 3 months and still
have a good head of steam.
http://xrl.us/Bosch36618

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message

SFWIW, Lowes has a mailer out today that has an 18V lithium ion Bosch
drill for $99.

Includes 2 batteries, charger& case.

Item: 300250.

Lew