Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus23924 Ignoramus23924 is offline

Default Anyone heard about this bad virus?

On 2011-05-25, Jon Elson wrote:
On 05/25/2011 10:47 AM, wrote:
Last night a friend of mine got his computer infected with a virus.

Comments anyone?
Well, so far the best virus protection I know of is to run Linux instead
of Windows. I have had my server hacked a few times, but never had
event the slightest problem on my desktop machines. part of the problem
is that Microsoft assumes it should run any program that is sent to you,
whereas Linux assumes you DON'T want to run a program unless you
specifically say to. Of course, the second thing is that a MS
OS-executable virus won't run on Linux, but even the Java scripts
usually try to do something that is not permitted under Linux.

Jon

I run Linux on desktops and servers, and I was never hacked.