Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Wilkins Jim Wilkins is offline

Default Anyone heard about this bad virus?

On May 25, 2:40*pm, DougC wrote:
The best defense for viruses I have heard of (and what I use) is as
follows:

1) to put in a second slave drive (of a different size than the main
drive) to the computer, store all your important files on that. The
reason is that many destructive viruses will scramble the file system
index, but only of the main hard drive (that the OS is running off of).
When you reformat an infected system, the reformatting software will
show the hard drive sizes, so you can tell from that which one is which.
Also, just making a separate partition on the same drive, is not the
same thing as adding another physical hard drive. You need to get a
second hard drive installed, so that it resides on another disk controller.