Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default question about hail

On 5/24/2011 8:52 AM, dpb wrote:
On 5/24/2011 8:22 AM, Jules Richardson wrote:
On Mon, 23 May 2011 11:37:34 -0700, DerbyDad03 wrote:
We get hail of the tiny "ouch that hurts" variety but nothing like the
golf or base or soft or bowling-ball sized that I've heard about.

We got golfball-sized hail a couple of weeks ago - something I'd heard
about but always kind of dismissed as being exaggeration.

I can assure you that baseball and larger to the grapefruit size is well
within the range of the possible...serious t-storm country will generate
some mammoth stones in the general area on average of every couple of
years or so. Out here (W KS) golfball-sized will occur somewhere in the
area several times every year; it's just part of "normal" spring/early
summer weather patterns....

Reported yesterday of 4.25" in three locations all within roughly 100 mi
of our location. Numerous of from inch to 2-3".