Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Small dimmer for ceiling light

Nate Nagel wrote in news:irf1vp01fd8
@news3.newsguy.com:

On 05/23/2011 03:48 PM, hamish wrote:
I live in a 60s house with a problem. Normal dimmers will not fit the
switch boxes as they are too large or the the electrical box is too
small. Any idea where I might find a super slim dimmer switch. I am
in Canada so that makes it a more difficult solution.
Thanks

I'd personally bust out the old box and replace it with a new 3-1/2"
deep box. If you are careful you can do this w/o having to patch and
paint. If you use Madison hangers and the dimmer has terminals on the
side (rare, most of the ones I see now use fly leads) make sure to wrap
the device w/ tape.

nate

It's the most sensible solution. Skip all the hard to find, pricy, and
half-ass fixes.