Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Hawke[_3_] Hawke[_3_] is offline

Default OT Newt Gingrich knows something about fiscal responsibility.

On 2011-05-24, Karl wrote:
Yep, this kind of stuff and all the wives make Newt an unlikely front
runner. The 'publicans had best get their **** together and soon. its
going totake a strong candidate if we don't want four more years of
Obamanomics.

Agreed. An honest, mentally stable and intelligent person would be a
hugely helpful addition to the Republican party.

I do mean this quite seriously.

A long time ago, I actually admired Newt.

Newt is a good example of what is wrong with republicans. What you see
is not what you get. Or more like, what they tell you is not true.
Here's Newt trying to portray himself as just one of us. He's not. He's
a spoiled, rich, elite, pretending to be a regular guy. He's far more at
home with the rich and the business community than he is with anyone
with a normal job.

His spending at Tiffany's is just one example of his opulent lifestyle.
The other day I heard that his expenses for airline travel for the year
amounted to 3 million dollars. In comparison Mitt Romney spent something
like 350,000. So here's Newt spending a half a million at Tiffany's and
three million on air travel. But Newt says he and his wife are frugal.

That's the problem with all the republicans. They want to portray
themselves as representing average Americans when in reality their
policies are harmful to ordinary people. Policies like getting rid of
Medicare and substituting a voucher to buy insurance with. That isn't
going to help granny. It will help the insurance company. So will the
subsidies to oil companies they just kept in place, and so will the
watered down regulations on Wall Street they forced on us.

The problem is that the hypocrisy Newt demonstrates goes with the entire
republican party. They pretend to be on your side while at the same time
they are stabbing you in the back. You know, like when Newt was having
an affair while savaging Clinton for fooling around with Monica
Lewinsky. How anyone can follow people like this is really amazing.

Hawke