Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default OT Newt Gingrich knows something about fiscal responsibility.

"Tom Gardner" w@w wrote in message

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Tue, 24 May 2011 20:42:20 -0500, Ignoramus1699

On 2011-05-25, Tom Gardner w@w wrote:

"Ignoramus1699" wrote in message

Agreed. An honest, mentally stable and intelligent person would be a
hugely helpful addition to the Republican party.

How about one in the Democrat party? They are quite lacking too.

Our current president is not lacking in the above qualities.

I'll give you the intelligence, and a possible on the stability, but I
recommend that you stop following the party line on the honesty part.
Jesus, Ig, read something other than DNC propaganda. Try a little
research. Our sitting President was a major factor behind the housing
crisis. The Democratic Black Caucus, including Obama, was a major
force behind Fannie Mae giving homes to people who couldn't EVER be
considered stable enough to make a -second- payment, let alone 30
years worth of 'em. He doesn't own up to that, either.

What substantial promises has he fulfilled since first campaigning?
Which have shown him to be a prevaricator, such as the promise of
transparency in the Whitehouse?

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/ here's a list to get
you started (likely not unbiased.)

Damnit, Ig. Read some of the things written about him and do your own
research via known unbiased (hard to find) sources. You'll come to the
same conclusions I have: I'd trust him as far as I could throw him
(and my spine is out of place at the moment. Chiro visit #4 coming
up.)

When you're in love, the object of your affection can do no wrong. It's
not a rational state of mind to be in. It's like when my dad suggested I
stop dating girls with tattoos and drug issues and I was blinded to the
unhealthy aspects of those relationships by infatuation. Later, I was
shocked to find out he was right! Sometimes you have to pee on the
electric fence yourself, you won't believe external wisdom.

Nobody will convince Ig that Obama isn't a god, he has to pee on that
fence for himself. But, the fact that he's interested in politics means
he will eventually find some indisputable information that will make him
rethink his positions at least a little bit at first then the whole house
of cards.

I've listened to Iggy's views on the subject for years, and I get no feeling
that he's irrational about it. In fact, he's probably the most rational one
here when it comes to politics.

One irony of the righties who complain about his follow-through is that he
hasn't been nearly as liberal about his campaign promises as many expected.
He's gravitated more toward the center.

Of course, the people who complain about his economic policies are mostly
clueless malcontents who can't offer a sensible alternative to save their
lives. Like Paul Ryan, whose idea is that the solution for Medicare costs is
to let old people fend for themselves or die.

Our of curiosity, which of the characters who ran against Obama would you
have preferred to see in office? In the end, for a rational person, it comes
down to making the best selection from the field you have.

--
Ed Huntress