Posted to uk.d-i-y
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default OT; Arfa's Burger Joint...

"John Williamson" wrote in message
Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Mon, 23 May 2011 14:33:09 +0100, Arfa Daily wrote:

What are you going to offer those that don't eat lumps of of

mashed
up dead animal?
Why, a veggy burger, of course !

Sourced with the same care and consideration as the meat versions?
Remember that a vegetarian can eat all of your fare apart from the
meat patties...

Not if they fry their chips the proper way, in dripping.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

I'd love to, but I doubt these days that we would sell many ... ! When I was
a kid, my local chip shop fried in lard, and his fryers were heated by live
coke fires. He had a pile of coke in the corner of the shop, with a little
hand shovel. Imagine the Elf n Safety and Environmental Health issues that
that would throw up these days ! But the thing is, his chips were the best
you have ever tasted. I think there are two reasons for this. First, the
nice even heat provided by the coke beds, and secondly, the fact that you
can get lard a lot hotter than vegetable oil. This is noticeable when you
cook pancake batter. No matter how much you pre-heat vegetable oil in your
pan, the resulting pancakes always have a slight rubbery 'sogginess' to
them. OTOH, if you heat lard until the pan is smoking, and then pour your
batter in, the resulting pancake is light, mottled golden, and slightly
crispy and lacy around its edges. Yorkshire puddings cook better in lard,
also.

Arfa