Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nick Odell Nick Odell is offline

Default OT; Arfa's Burger Joint...

On Wed, 25 May 2011 10:40:22 +0100 (BST), "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:
big snip)
So you eat *only* lamb steak? *Nothing* else, that
can't be healthy.

It can be if you also drink Yerba like the Gauchos of Patagonia who
for month on end would eat nothing but lamb and drink nothing but
yerba mate. (pronounced 'ma' as in matter and 'tay' as in the river
with the emphasis on the first syllable) Yerba has masses of minerals
and vitamins you would otherwise absorb from fresh fruit and veg.

The only stuff that will grow naturally in southern Patagonia is a
thorny bush and a high-silicate grass which are useless for humans but
easily consumed by sheep. I had a vegetarian friend who lived in
Patagonia and reckoned eating sheep was the next best thing. (Of
course that might have just been her excuse not to be a strict
vegetarian, but I like the story anyway.)

Nick