Posted to alt.home.repair
internaughtfull internaughtfull is offline

Default question about hail

Tony Hwang:
Hi,
What type of house? Age of the house? Hail stones usually cause
surface/cosmetic damages not structural. *I believe what you see in the
attic is not related to hail storm. I live in the fringe area of a known
hail band. Insurance cos. spend millions seeding the cloud to prevent
major hail storm every year.

It's a brick 67 rancher, not a steep pitch, with lots of
surface area for hail to bounce off of. The suggestion that it might
be the house settling, plus some hail pressure seems plausible. Cloud
seeding? Maybe they can figure out some anti-tornado dust .

itchy