Posted to alt.home.repair
Jules Richardson Jules Richardson is offline

Default OT Did people only use bumper jacks?

On Sun, 22 May 2011 17:58:57 -0400, Robert Green wrote:
Yeah, Britannia may have ruled the waves, but her cars can't navigate a
puddle without the engine dying. Learned all the Lucas jokes, too.
"Why do Brits like warm beer? Because Lucas makes refrigerators."

As a Brit, I grew up with British cars (obviously and never found
them *that* bad - the Lucas stuff wasn't any worse than anything that
anybody else was making. The big problem was rust - poor quality steel
and little thought to where water would end up and how it would get out
again once it had.

I wouldn't mine having an XKE in the garage, though. One of the
sweetest looking cars ever made.

Yeah, nice looks for sure... but then I think that most Jags were until
the most recent models of the last decade or so. In terms of curvy
goodness, I wouldn't mind an XJ13, but they only ever built one of those
and then wrecked it ;-)

cheers

Jules