Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default TeaBagger?

In article ,
aemeijers wrote:

Obama should send Palin and the republican national committee a dozen
roses every year on election day. Y'all recall the 'Geezer and Dingbat'
mock campaign signs? The geezer I would have taken a chance on, purely
based on his experience and intimate knowledge of defense. But he was
old and had/has health and stamina issues. And No Way In Hell was I
going to risk HER becoming POTUS. I have absolutely no problem with a
female president, and would happily vote for one if I thought they had a
least a few brain cells. What was McCain thinking?

I think it was sorta the same thing that happened with Quayle. My
understanding is that they had their sights, in both cases, set on other
people who hemmed and hawed and then turned them down. Then, in the a
rush to get things accomplished, they did maybe do as much as thinking
as they should have.
Although I know Dan QUayle fairly well since we both were working
small newspapers nearby at the same time. He was a lot brighter than
given credit for. The potato thing was an especially agregious thing
since he congratulated the kid for spelling it right, the teacher said
it was wrong, DQ asked him if was sure, and then the rest is history.
And people wonder why the NEA has no credibility with certain segments
(grin). Even the Washington Post had the story correctly for awhile.

--
"Even I realized that money was to politicians what the ecalyptus tree is to koala bears: food, water, shelter and something to crap on."
---PJ O'Rourke